Hard-to-Find Historical Photos: There is a reason old photographs entrance us — they let us see and comprehend that the existence we’re utilized to now was once totally unique and practically inconceivable for us today.
Photographs from decades prior associate us to the past and allow us to see things that we definitely won’t most likely amid our lifetime.
16 Hard-to-Find Historical Photos That You Probably Haven’t Seen Before
1. American troops during World War I using newly-developed acoustic technology to locate enemy aircraft.
2. A family of acrobats performing on a street in Berlin, Germany in 1920.
3. Archeologists Howard Carter and Arthur Callender and an unidentified Egyptian worker open the inner chamber and see King Tut’s sarcophagus for the first time, 1922.
4. Colorized photo of an automobile accident in Washington D.C., circa 1921.
5. Cavalry training in England in 1935.
6. A female beach police officer inspecting a woman’s bathing suit in the US in 1921.
7. A female firefighting team on a specially converted motorcycle in London, England in 1932.
8. One of the original limousines in France, 1910
9. A model looks comfortably warm showing off the power of a heat lamp while everything behind her is frozen in Germany in 1960.
10. A man selling sponges in Vienna, Austria in 1904.
11. Lumberjacks with California Redwood trees, USA, 1915
12. The interior of Adolf Hitler’s bunker as captured by allied forces in 1945.
13. Robert Wadlow, the tallest man ever recorded and confirmed at 8’11″, pictured here in 1939, just one year before his death.
14. A family living in their one-room slum apartment in NYC, USA in 1890.
15. A special flu mask used during the Spanish Flu epidemic in England in 1919.
16. Women playing volleyball on stilts at Venice Beach, CA, USA in 1942.